What's new

Nickel with no reverse side

Acagedrebel

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2019
Messages
81
Reaction score
173
Golden Thread
0
Location
Columbus ,Ms
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max ,Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
42D6CD8A-B3AC-4115-9FB3-93A7E2068D83.webp42D6CD8A-B3AC-4115-9FB3-93A7E2068D83.webpA2524419-E0DE-4F3C-8A24-FBEC7967E405.webp Found this nickel in some pocket change was wondering why maybe the reverse side is missing .. Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks Yall
 
Looks like someone had fun with a dremel.
 
Upvote 0
Definitely been ground off.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like someone had fun with a dremel.

I have to agree with rebbel and cutler, someone with obviously too much time on their hands has had a go at defacing this coin.
At the very least, it's interesting. :thumbsup:
Dave
 
Upvote 0
It looks like it was done on a horizontal mill with an indexing head. I saw lots of interesting "gov't projects" when I worked in the machine shop. Gary
 
Upvote 0
probably a magic trick coin such as a two headed nickel, missing the other half
 
Upvote 0
I have an Indian Head Cent that is similar. It was an eyeball find on an outcropping of shale beside a river at a town park. Reverse is pretty good condition, but the obverse is worn smooth.

Nickels aren't laminated so that must be post mint.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom