What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Nickel????

mjb Mike

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2021
Messages
1,068
Reaction score
3,297
Golden Thread
0
Location
southern mayland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this nickel in my pocket any value to it
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1997.webp
    IMG_1997.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 141
  • IMG_1996.webp
    IMG_1996.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 119
If only the obverse, misaligned die. If also reverse, off center strike.

Off center strike typically has more value.

Time for more coffee.
 
Upvote 1
I agree. I’d say 25 cents to $2.00 depending if reverse is misaligned also. I have a few similar, but yours is farther off center than mine. Definitely a keeper for the oddity attraction of it IMO
 
Upvote 0
back side is not off center like the front
Since the reverse is normal, you have an obverse misaligned die. Quite common, as far as errors go. Your example is rather extreme, giving more value.

Blackfoot58 says about $1. On a good day, you might get more. Collectors are a fickle lot.

Time for more coffee.
 
Upvote 1

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom