What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Is this a doubled die?

gold2218mine

Greenie
Joined
May 10, 2025
Messages
14
Reaction score
73
Golden Thread
0
This is on a 2025 p nickel. Looks like maybe doubling on Monticello and the building.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0439.webp
    IMG_0439.webp
    3.7 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0440.webp
    IMG_0440.webp
    3.5 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0441.webp
    IMG_0441.webp
    3.8 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0438.webp
    IMG_0438.webp
    3 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0437.webp
    IMG_0437.webp
    4 MB · Views: 53
I only see a little doubling on the letter I, so I'd have to say it's not a true double die, but that's just my opinion.
 
Upvote 0
There are quite a few different types of doubling, doubled die, double struck, die deterioration doubling, split plating doubling, plating disturbance, ejection doubling, and probably a few I missed! I've collected for decades but never really got into doubled dies, but I believe this one is die deterioration doubling. Basically struck from a worn die.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom