What's new

nickels and dimes

phrostie

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
534
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nap Town
When you guys order your nickel and dime boxes...is there something specific you say? I picked up one the other day at the bank only to go home and find all were brand new. Sorry but I can't help but feel like an idiot asking that!!!
 
Upvote 0
It happens sometimes(getting a new box). I just ask for boxes. If it is the rare chance that it is new I just keep a few rolls for later, later years and bring the rest back. Hope this helps.
Jason
 
Some of the boxes that I get have little holes in the top of them, If I see all new nickels I just say, do you have any other boxes? Then I tell them what I am doing, I'm looking through them to find older nickels, none of them have seemed to care...
 
What you should do first is scope out the banks in your area. I go in and ask for ten rolls or so from each bank around me, then whatever banks I don't get new rolls from I get boxes from. Its pretty simple and it saves a lot of hassle when you get a box only to find out they're all brand new. Plus, getting ten rolls of new coins is easier to handle than getting a whole box full.
 
I got a few boxes that were all new coins. Now I ask for box with old looking coins in it. The teller looks through the holes and I'm a happy camper. :thumbsup:
 
Just got one the other day all 08 D's brought it back to another bank and told them i wanted to change it out for another nickle box . The teller counted all the rolls twice even though the box was full. Then she tried to give me 100 in cash and I said no thanks could I just get a different box , she then got all snotty and said "I'm not going to the vault for that!". This was after explaining what i was doing and telling her that I have multiple accounts there. I ended up taking the cash and then doing the rest of regular banking at the atm. sorry for the rant I was pissed off! Next time I get an all new box I'll just cash it in and save the hassle and BS.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom