What's new

nickels and pennies 09-17-2007

GMan00001

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
2,539
Reaction score
228
Golden Thread
0
Location
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stopped by one of my normal Tuesday stops today hoping they had a bag of dimes. They didn't, but they did have
1 - $200 bag of nickels and
2 - $50 bags of pennies

so I took those instead. The dimes are close.

Did the bag of nickels. Pretty good bag
1 - 1939-D
1 - 1943-P War Nickel
1 - 1943-S War Nickel
1 - 1945-D War Nickel
1 - 1949-S
53 other pre-1960 Jefferson (1939, 1940(2), 1940-D, 1941(2), 1941-D, 1942, 1946(3), 1946-D(2), 1947, 1948(2), 1948-D, 1949(2), 1951(2), 1952, 1952-D, 1953, 1953-D, 1954, 1954-D(3), 1955-D, 1957, 1957-D(3), 1958-D(8), 1959-D(11))

15 Canadian (1964, 1968, 1974(2), 1975, 1977, 1982, 1986, 1988, 1990, 1995(2), 1996(2), 1997)

3 Foreign (Ireland, 5 Euro Cent (2002), Trinidad and Tobago, 5 Cents (2003), 1 unknown country/date)

1 Namco Arcade Token

The unknown country/date coin I'll get a picture in the next few days. Has a cow on one side and mountains on the other with writing I can't read. Really light, probably aluminum. Oh and the date appears to be 2026. I am guessing somewhere in southeast Asia/middle east region of the world, but I haven't found it yet.
 
Upvote 0
Pretty Good day gman.
I cant wait to see the "Unknown" coin you found im curious.

Happy hunting,
CC
 
Sounds like Nepal. Is this it?

http://worldcoingallery.com/countries/coin.php?image=img3/129-802&desc=Nepal%20km802%205%20Paisa%20(1971-1982)%20aluminum

If yours is dated "2026" than it's 1969.

Great find!
 
Immy said:
Sounds like Nepal. Is this it?

http://worldcoingallery.com/countries/coin.php?image=img3/129-802&desc=Nepal%20km802%205%20Paisa%20(1971-1982)%20aluminum

If yours is dated "2026" than it's 1969.

Great find!

That's the coin.
Very nice Immy!! Without even a picture.

Kinda hard to read the date, so the 2026 is a partial guess...I'll have to look closer when I get home.

I almost described it as..."It looks likes its from a mountainous region near India." But choose to be more broad as to not eliminate some other possibilities. Originally I was thinking Tibet...I was close.
 
Finished the first bag of pennies. Did better than my average for the year with a few older ones mixed in.

22 wheat pennies (1919-S, 1929, 1936, 1939, 1940-D, 1940-S, 1944, 1945, 1946, 1946-D(2), 1947-S, 1948, 1950-D, 1952-D, 1953-D, 1955-D, 1955-S, 1956, 1956-D, 1958-D(2))

31 Canadian (1940, 1962, 1964(2), 1965, 1970(2), 1971, 1973(2), 1976, 1977, 1979, 1984(2), 1985, 1987, 1988(2), 1989(2), 1992, 1993(2), 1994(2), 1996, 1997, 1999(2), 2003)
 
Very nice week I would say. Congratulations
 
Finished the other penny bag from this batch last night as well.

1 - 1943 Steel Penny (5th of the year)
14 other wheat pennies (1940, 1940-D, 1941-D, 1945, 1946, 1946-D, 1948-D, 1951-D, 1952-D(3), 1955-D, 1956, 1957-D)

22 Canadian (1962, 1965, 1968, 1975, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980(2), 1985, 1986(2), 1987, 1989(2), 1991, 1993, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2001(2))

1 - 2000 Wide AM
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom