What's new

Nickle?

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2010
Messages
3,214
Reaction score
1,770
Golden Thread
2
Location
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Whats the best way to clean nickle?
Thanks
Blaze
 
soak it in Worcestershire sauce over for a few hours, flip and repeat. wash sauce off between flips, and then dry. Leave it alone after that. no matter what else you read about dremels or CLR or anything else, the best your nickel will look is after soaking it in Worcestershire sauce. What it does is take the reddish color off and leave it a dull gray nickel. Throw it in a 2x2 flip and enjoy it the way it is. I've ruined far too many buffalo and v-nickels chasing the look others claim to get from cleaning. I'm not saying that they lied, i'm just saying that for 90% of nickels the remedies do not work for.
 
soak it in Worcestershire sauce over for a few hours, flip and repeat. wash sauce off between flips, and then dry. Leave it alone after that. no matter what else you read about dremels or CLR or anything else, the best your nickel will look is after soaking it in Worcestershire sauce. What it does is take the reddish color off and leave it a dull gray nickel. Throw it in a 2x2 flip and enjoy it the way it is. I've ruined far too many buffalo and v-nickels chasing the look others claim to get from cleaning. I'm not saying that they lied, i'm just saying that for 90% of nickels the remedies do not work for.

I totally agree... I've tried many things to clean nickels, but Worcestershire sauce is by far the best... It will even bring out the dates on some nickels that appear to be dateless...
 
It will even bring out the dates on some nickels that appear to be dateless...

+1
 
Never thought Whats-this-here sauce can be used to clean coins
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom