All Treasure Hunting

Rick624

Sep 8, 2014
Eastern Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Old Whites 6000, Garrett PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to meet up with you on the beach, which beach ? I don't know how well my AT Pro will do in the salt water, heard it was not the best for beach hunting salt water. But I'm up to give it a go.

OP
OP
JackInFlorida

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The AT Pro should do fine, just have to turn down the sensitivity some.

Thinking about Quincy, near the yacht clubs. Never been there before. I've swung at Revere, Nantasket and Wingaersheek. Figure I'll try someplace new.

Planning to be there about 9 PM Friday night just as the tide is starting to head out. Probably stay for 3 or 4 hours.

Fitness86

Tenderfoot
May 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cant make tomorrow, but would love to night hunt or early morning hunt a beach some other time.

OP
OP
JackInFlorida

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, that was fun. Found a huge drop of what must of been an entire roll of pennies that were spread out in the water. Gave up on that after a while.

Thinking about heading down to Savin Rock next Friday night. I'll have to see how the week goes.

Fitness86

Tenderfoot
May 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is Savin Rock a beach? I might meet up if I am free, keep me posted. Thanks

OP
OP
JackInFlorida

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As of this moment, I'm planning on heading down to West Haven tomorrow, Friday 6/19.

Going to head down after work. Looks like it will be low tide around 8:10 PM, so I'll be trying to get down there by then if possible.

I plan to try and park here: 41.254184, -72.957264 (Bradley Point Park) Connecticut Coastal Access Guide - Bradley Point Park

I think that you can park there till 11:30. If I'm staying later than that, I'll have to move I guess. Don't know if we can park in Jimmy's parking lot or the Conference center just East of that lot.

Anyone that wants to hook up, PM me.

Jack

OP
OP
JackInFlorida

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Planning on heading out again tonight, Friday 6/26. I'm going to stop and visit my son in Somerville, then head over to Good Harbor Beach. Looks like the regular parking is probably locked up at night, 9:00 PM according to the web site. There seems to be accessible parking on Witham Street at the end of the beach. That will likely be my destination, close to 42.621997, -70.628889. Taking a guess, I won't be there until about 8:30 PM, unless I can get out of the house really early. If I can't park there for some reason, like it's a tow away zone, I'll probably head to Revere.

Anyone that wants to meet up, feel free to just show up or PM me. Love to meet you!

OP
OP
JackInFlorida

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like all that parking is restricted according to my lurking with google maps street view. This area looks like I won't get towed after hours. 42.617836, -70.636034

OP
OP
JackInFlorida

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This turned out to be a really nice beach, but it looks like there may have been lots of new sand added. I wish it was closer thought, it turned out to be a 2 1/2 hour drive home...

Fitness86

Tenderfoot
May 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a bit far, we should try silver sands beach in Milford on a weekend. There is a state park entrance that closes at dusks, but a long walking boardwalk that goes to another entrance of a different park on same beach with restaurants that we could probably park at.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread