What's new

NJ treasures or anything

Dr.Jones

Full Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2005
Messages
132
Reaction score
91
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kennett square , PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Hey guys, Im a newbie, obvioulsy by the title of this thread. Just wondering if anyone knows of any legends that lead in or around NJ. I just got my new metal detector and Im excited to try it. Its a Garrett gti 1500. Thanks guys and i look forward to the exchange of ideas. ;D
 
Welcome DR.

What part of N.J. are you in ?
 
Sorry i took so long to respond I had to work all damn weekend. I am from salem county , south jersey, pedricktown to be exact.
 
I'v got Nothing for SALEM COUNTY.

However in CUMBERLAND COUNTY, 90 Tons of Silver Ingots, on the BARGE HAROLD in 1903, SANK,
Just off Shore at Sewarn, in the Delaware River, west of Bridgetown
IN 1950, Several of them were Found on the BEACH at Ben Davis Point.

ATLANTI COUNTY : on the North Side of ABSCON ISLAND, Pirates Buried Treasures.
SOME were found in the 30's.
Check where it faces REEDS BAY.

OCEAN COUNTY : at BARNEGAT LIGHTHOUSE, the Pirate John Bacon, Buried Several Treasures. at the North End of Island Beach, 10 mile from Ship Bottom.

BOOTLEGGERS Buried $1,500,000.00 in Paper Money During Prohabition. SOUTH OF LAKEWOOD off State rt. 9 BY Lake Manetta

Monmouth County : Early 20'th Century Coins From a Wreck off Shore Wash up on the Beach at OCEAN GROVE , South of Asbury Park.

Capt. Kidd is said to have Buried Several Caches at RED BANK & SANDY HOOK.

For General Detecting, Hopefully Someone Here Can Help.

Or you could Ask here

http://www.ighunters.net/phpBB2/index.php?sid=bdb2723c4c8daf646ac7124fc5df030a
 
What county in New Jersey I can try to get some leads for you
 
Reales were popping up this summer in south jersey beaches
 
Can you tell me any stories about Monmouth County? I'm new to the Bobbie and I live in Middletown. I know there is a lot of history in this town, but what about the beaches?
 
Hello, do you have any references regarding the buried paper money south of Lakewood? Articles or anything? I’ve turned up empty and am curious as to the source of this? Thank you
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom