What's new

No box of halves...so i ended up doing a trip to get 5 40%s! :)

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2006
Messages
5,736
Reaction score
21
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
No box of halves...so i ended up doing a trip to get 5 40%'s! :)

Hey guys! Well my bank would not order me a box of halves for some reason. I do not know why. But oh well. I hit 10 different banks asking for half dollars. I bought whatever they had because I did not want to sound pickey. One lady said she had only one half dollar which turned out to be clad. But I bought it anyway, so she wasn't suspcisious of my activity. I hit another bank which had one roll of someones dumps. But it turned out to be a good roll because I got 2 40%'s out of it! They must have been only looking for 90% silver. I had a great day and got 5 40%'s out of it! :)

todayshalfdollars002.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Re: No box of halves...so i ended up doing a trip to get 5 40%'s! :)

Awesome job bud, keep at it!!!!!
 
Re: No box of halves...so i ended up doing a trip to get 5 40%'s! :)

Nice score DF, I did the same thing when I was waiting for my new bank to get boxes for me. You scored about as many keepers as my 4 boxes having been producing lately. congrats Ed
 
Re: No box of halves...so i ended up doing a trip to get 5 40%'s! :)

I hate it when they won't order the boxes of halves. Looks like you did OK though. :thumbsup:

The Trezurhunter.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom