What's new

No coins but I did find a nice padlock

freddy78

Full Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2013
Messages
123
Reaction score
97
Golden Thread
0
Location
Shelbyille TN
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure how old it is but I love finding these
 

Attachments

  • 1455324401888.webp
    1455324401888.webp
    20.3 KB · Views: 124
  • 1455324419760.webp
    1455324419760.webp
    33 KB · Views: 104
  • 1455324437310.webp
    1455324437310.webp
    11.6 KB · Views: 125
  • 1455324447105.webp
    1455324447105.webp
    13.1 KB · Views: 112
Upvote 24
Cool lock. Looks very old

HH, Relic Nut
 
That is cool make sure theres not a chest or box burried in that spot and the lock rusted off. Just a thought
 
Nice. Mid to late 1800's is my guess! [emoji106]
 
Very cool, ,
a little cider vinegar bath might get
some of the surface rust off.
Congrats
 
Thanks guys. The homesite is around 200 years old so there is something good waiting somewhere
 
Cool , man that's a old one, good find[emoji106]
 
Cool find. It looks really old to me.
 
Awesome relic recovery, I bet it will clean up nicely. :occasion14:
 
I'm with you Freddie. Sometimes I like finding relics like that old padlock, just as much or more than coins anymore, and I've always considered myself a coin shooter.
 
Not sure how old it is but I love finding these

It's not really old at all , They still sell these at Wal-Mart.

For real tho ...Pretty darn old, Has the brass face to ...A =def +.
 
If it wasn't for that brass face sounding like a coin I probably wouldn't have dug it
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom