What's new

No freemason lighthouse but...

kyphote

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2010
Messages
585
Reaction score
52
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, GPX 4800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this today on the same productive Confederate site. A weird hunk of crudely carved lead pierced by an iron rod. As always, your thoughts are much appreciated!
 

Attachments

  • unknown468b.webp
    unknown468b.webp
    19.8 KB · Views: 465
Upvote 0
Could it be part of a worm thats been broken?

1_f57cff0dfa7821e0bd40f011fd704e63.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Well, The way it is twisted in the lead, I think Gunny nailed it!! You can see what appears to be the "twist" of the worm intermingled with the lead, and the shape of the lead is very similar to a pulled bullet. Great find!! Great hunting!! Regards, Richard
 
Upvote 0
Fishing lure or bullet :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
No freemason lighthouse but...

Oh, I don't know... Some might say it is a freemason lighthouse. ::)

DCMatt

P.S. I have no idea what it is.
 
Upvote 0
The tip of the bullet looks almost sealed to the tip of the iron rod. I would think the bullet tip would cave upon any extraction attempt. Seems to be a solid guess all the same!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom