What's new

No idea... 2 Whatsits... stick-like thing with metal tip and some sort of cap?

testing123

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2009
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,986
Golden Thread
0
Location
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
Picked up both pieces at a local swimming hole...

#1
Measures about 7 1/4 inches long and about the thickness of a pencil. The metal top is sort of like a tube that you slide onto the stick. Not sure what the stick is made out of. First I thought it was wood, but it sort of looks/feels like a ceramic or even bone-like material. Any ideas?

Item two looks like it was a cap of some sort to a pole, not sure to what though. It's pretty heavy, but the ball is hollow. maybe a copper or brass...

Thanks for your help!
 

Attachments

  • Stick thing (2).webp
    Stick thing (2).webp
    6.5 KB · Views: 392
  • Stick thing (1).webp
    Stick thing (1).webp
    6.6 KB · Views: 390
  • Stick thing (3).webp
    Stick thing (3).webp
    3.2 KB · Views: 387
  • Stick thing.webp
    Stick thing.webp
    3.4 KB · Views: 354
  • cap thing.webp
    cap thing.webp
    8.8 KB · Views: 395
  • cap thing (1).webp
    cap thing (1).webp
    9.1 KB · Views: 389
  • cap thing (2).webp
    cap thing (2).webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 388
The bottom piece is the end off horse hanes or reigns or something like that. The other thing I have no idea
 
Upvote 0
It's the joint of a fishing rod.
 
Upvote 0
Yea, I also thought BOTH tent pole or fishing rod - is it fiberglass?

I also agree with the hames tip.
 
Upvote 0
You guys got it. that is part of a fishing rod. Why didn't I realize that. I must be getting senile.
 
Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
Yea, I also thought BOTH tent pole or fishing rod - is it fiberglass?

I also agree with the hames tip.

I agree brass hame tip :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
The last item I believe went on cow/bull horns (as a form of protector against being mauled).
 
Upvote 0
:hello:

Seeing as these were found at a swimming hole :P I would also go for fishing ferrule, the last picture could also be the the butt protector from the bottom part of the fishing rod :)

SS
 
Upvote 0
kuger said:
???THAT IS AN AWFULLY SMALL HAMES :icon_scratch:

Looks to be about 3" based the ruler in pic.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom