NO LONGER A SKEPTIC

lookdown

Greenie
Jan 13, 2010
Until a few months ago I thought of dowsing in the same manner as UFOs and Ouija boards, just a lot of hokum. Not any more. I was building a house for a client and needed to dig a footing in the area of a water line I installed in previous months. The line was about 3 feet deep and installed with 2" PEX pipe (plastic). One of the old timers on the job said we could dowse the line. His rods had brass wire wrapped handles with steel rods. I new where the line ran roughly so I gave it a shot. WOW!!! the rods crossed hard. I walked back and forth several times and allways with the same result. We dug down with a shovel and found the line straight away. If I haddent done this myself I wouldn't have believed it. I'm convinced and look forward to having some fun with this. Thanks for all the info. Lookdown

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey Lookdown....That is all most people have to do...Give them a try....Of course some people are going to tell you they crossed because you knew where the water line was...That is their theory about Dowsing....Art

OP
OP
L

lookdown

Greenie
Jan 13, 2010
Hey Art. I have been reading the past posts. Lots of cool info THANKS FOR SHARING. Also note to others, I'm using the ignore user function for the people who seem to just be interested in conflict and arguing. I think I will save a lot of time not giving them my attention. When ever I find a thread that takes that turn I just move on. Thanks again. Lookdown.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Art. I have been reading the past posts. Lots of cool info THANKS FOR SHARING. Also note to others, I'm using the ignore user function for the people who seem to just be interested in conflict and arguing. I think I will save a lot of time not giving them my attention. When ever I find a thread that takes that turn I just move on. Thanks again. Lookdown.

Hey Lookdown….That’s the smart thing to do….I am in my twilight years and trying to pass the information on…I hope I am helping a lot of Dowsers. When I came to T-Net I learned to read between the lines. Sometimes one word or a sentence would tell me something new..I hope you will enjoy this hobby as much as I have….Art

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
hello lookdown, i'm not where i'd like to be with dowsing, but try this= holding both rods as usual, walk up to a low place in the chain link fence and don't stop til your toes are at the fence. i did that and the rods opened and aligned themselves with the fence. don't know why, they just did. when i backed up still holding the rods they came back to normal== tenclaw==

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey 10claw..Sorry I missed your e-mail…. Plain rods will Cross on most anything. What you need to do is hold a piece of gold in your right hand if you are right handed. If you are left handed put it in that hand. Walk up to the fence again and see if they still cross. There are many ways to bait your rods that are safer than using your hand..The gold can be a ring, or necklace etc….Art

Ted Groves

Aug 26, 2009
Planet Earth
Detector(s) used
(G&T-C) = gullible and technically-challenged
lookdown said:
Interesting stuff. Looking forward to trying it out. Thanks Lookdown

Yes, do try it out. Only then can you find out The Truth About Dowsing. :wink:

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
lookdown said:
Interesting stuff. Looking forward to trying it out. Thanks Lookdown

Yes, it's interesting. It can be a real eye opener. Of course, there are some people with their eyes shut so tight you couldn't get them open with a ball peen hammer and a wonder bar.... ;D

Seriously though, give it a try! :icon_thumleft:

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
o.k. art, it warmed up today so i tried the rods at the fence. i did,nt re-read your post again before i did it and i put a silver half dollar in my left hand, went to the fence ( same place ) and the rods stayed straight ahead- did not cross. also today i tried the rods over running water thru a hose and they crossed. first time ever on water for me. and yes to the cross dresser i knew exactly where the hose was. keep up the good work=== tenclaw===

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
10claw said:
o.k. art, it warmed up today so i tried the rods at the fence. i did,nt re-read your post again before i did it and i put a silver half dollar in my left hand, went to the fence ( same place ) and the rods stayed straight ahead- did not cross. also today i tried the rods over running water thru a hose and they crossed. first time ever on water for me. and yes to the cross dresser i knew exactly where the hose was. keep up the good work=== tenclaw===

;D

Ted Groves

Aug 26, 2009
Planet Earth
Detector(s) used
When your dowsing fails to work for you, and you see the skeptical were right all along; get mad and resort to name-calling. It's a good stress reliever and kind of shows everyone your true mentality.

Seems to work for Dell, and Mike. :tongue3:

:laughing9:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
When your dowsing fails to work for you, and you see the skeptical were right all along; get mad and resort to name-calling. It's a good stress reliever and kind of shows everyone your true mentality.
Way to go Ted….Jump all over the new guys….You have warped ideas about Dowsing. I will ask again…What’s wrong about someone knowing how Dowse?////Art

davebien

Feb 5, 2008
DuPage County, IL
Detector(s) used
DFX and now a new Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Art, I believe that it was the "cross dresser" remark that upset Ted. That crossed the line. You may want to reread that post. I'm sure YOU would not appreciate being called that. Thanks.

Ted Groves

Aug 26, 2009
Planet Earth
Detector(s) used
davebien said:
Art, I believe that it was the "cross dresser" remark that upset Ted. That crossed the line. You may want to reread that post. I'm sure YOU would not appreciate being called that. Thanks.

Naaaaa..... they learn that stuff from one another, so you kind of got to consider the source. When they run out of facts to back up their bogus theories, a 5th grade education will always go right to what they know best - school-ground name-calling.

What a laugh! ;D

OP
OP
L

lookdown

Greenie
Jan 13, 2010
The negative posts are from someone who was put on ignore before I even started this thread.
Soooooooooo
Lookdown

Ted Groves

Aug 26, 2009
Planet Earth
Detector(s) used
lookdown said:
The negative posts are from someone who was put on ignore before I even started this thread.
Soooooooooo
Lookdown

Then quit clicking on the Show button every time you see me post. ;D

You guys and your Iggie Button are just way too funny. :laughing9: :laughing9:

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX-II, GTI 2500, Sea hunter, Eagle Eye two box
NO LONGER A SKEPTIC? Who? CARL MORELAND OR SWR?

JESUS THAT'S A MIRACLE!! :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions