What's new

No more Pull Tabs

drybones48

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2009
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cuyahoga Falls, Oh
Detector(s) used
CZ21 CZ3D Tesoro Cortez
Within the next year,certain beverage containers will be self sealing.No more pull tabs.Most of the containers will be 16oz. or more.Your energy drinks and the like. If the public likes, then on to 12oz. containers, the beginning of the end of the pesky pull tab. Amen
 
Yes but the infamous pull tab will teach generations to come to dig targets. Even now I enjoy seeing the evolution on the tabs I dig :thumbsup:
 
TnMountains said:
Yes but the infamous pull tab will teach generations to come to dig targets. Even now I enjoy seeing the evolution on the tabs I dig :thumbsup:
TnMountains said:
Yes but the infamous pull tab will teach generations to come to dig targets. Even now I enjoy seeing the evolution on the tabs I dig :thumbsup:
LOL This is true Richard
 
Do you think there will ever be a time when pulltabs become rare digs? If so, how many lifetimes will it take?
 
mts said:
Do you think there will ever be a time when pulltabs become rare digs? If so, how many lifetimes will it take?

There will be a day when you are excited because you have found a new area and the pull tabs are coming out of the ground like gang busters. It will be like virgin soil. If they did not dig out the pull tabs good chance they missed many things. Same with shotgun shells you have to dig them or you might miss a find of a lifetime. Of course they say these new machine will tell you what you are digging and how deep. I borrowed one once and every piece of iron i dug said buckle on the machine. I would shake the iron at it and say look at this, this is not a buckle. It did have a nice bag with a little digger and sand scoop,haha.
 
Even though, how many are still burried out there?? They will always be a problem for many more generations :-\
 
I agree they will be out there for generations to come. I still hunt old drive in theaters and there's still old rusty pop bottle caps there. I don't think they'll ever go away.
 
I am old enough and have been in the hobby long enough I can remember a time when the pulltab was a very rare dig.
I also can remember when I used to dig so many Wheat pennies I would get tired of digging them and wander where the silver was. Now days I'm thrilled to find even one or two Wheat pennies in a days hunt.
I don't believe I will live long enough to see the day when the aluminum pull tab will be a rarity again. At least not as long as there are discriminators on detectors that let people walk around them, and I'm a guilty as the next when it comes to that. Rick
 
This is the Pull tab I found on line whils searching for Unique pendants If the were all silver no one would complain about them LOL HH And clear out all of the pull tabs for me!!! I know Im Bad!!!
 

Attachments

  • thumbnailCAAAJRZ5.webp
    thumbnailCAAAJRZ5.webp
    2 KB · Views: 222
  • thumbnailCAAAJRZ5.webp
    thumbnailCAAAJRZ5.webp
    2 KB · Views: 216
Wellone thing fo sure is that they add up to .65 cents a lb and I don't even clean off the dirt.......Matt
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom