No More Silver Coins Left!

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I pounded my most recent permission again and the permission next door with just about everything that I had. I managed today to find a War Nickel, a Buffalo Nickel, 4 Wheat pennies and few clad coins. I was digging everything above iron. The War Nickel was found in the yard next door and the Buffalo nickel was found on the first permission. I don't know how I missed it before, since I went over that area several times.

I got the address from the old man who told me about the man who threw out huge handfuls of pre 1964 coins in the front yard grass to keep the kids busy looking for them while he had his way with the women of the house. It was only 2 miles away, so I drove out to see it. The house looked to be early nineteen hundreds. I would have taken a picture of the house to show you, but I was afraid to slow down. I wouldn't detect that area unless I had Seal Team Six watching my back.

tabman

Attachments

• IMG_2116.JPG
    IMG_2116.JPG
    544.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2117.JPG
    IMG_2117.JPG
    269.2 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2118.JPG
    IMG_2118.JPG
    724.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2119.JPG
    IMG_2119.JPG
    327.9 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2120.JPG
    IMG_2120.JPG
    287.4 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2121.JPG
    IMG_2121.JPG
    260.8 KB · Views: 63
Upvote 10
Now we're metal detecting. Congrats :occasion14:

tabman ,it appears you had some fun, but it is time to find more virgin ground again.

Nice finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

Yes I guess it’s time to move on. Thanks for sharing. Great finds.

Now we're metal detecting. Congrats :occasion14:
Thanks! If I'm in the right place I like to dig it all above iron.

tabman ,it appears you had some fun, but it is time to find more virgin ground again.
Thanks! I'm always keeping my eyes peeled for some virgin ground. I think I'm going to be swinging the CXT with the 6 inch search coil tomorrow and see how it goes. I haven't been out detecting using the smaller search coil on the CTX. I hope it does well!

Nice finds, congratulations! :occasion14:
Thanks! I gave it my best shot.

Yes I guess it’s time to move on. Thanks for sharing. Great finds.
Thanks! I hit that last place really hard. I was doing some testing with different detectors.

tabman

Nice job tab. You had a good day. I always love the feeling knowing I did a thorough job at a site and there isn't anything left to find (at least with my machine). Great job!

Nice job tab. You had a good day. I always love the feeling knowing I did a thorough job at a site and there isn't anything left to find (at least with my machine). Great job!
Thanks! I sure wouldn't want to hunt that site again unless I get a new detector. It would be a good test site for the Minelab Nox. lol

NICE FINDS
Thanks! I'll probably be heading out the door shortly to try out for the first time the CTX with the 6 inch search coil on some curb strips. Unless I'm leaving super early, I like to wait for the rush hour traffic to die down.

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back