What's new

No More Tungsten!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
14,653
Reaction score
9,097
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stop the madness! "No More Tungsten! No More Tungsten!" :protest::laughing7:

You see them shining in the bottom your scoop, you pick them up and they're heavy, and for just a tiny moment you hope. And then you see the sharper edges and begrudgingly say, "Crap!" Chain is 925, small ring is 925, the big ring is just another nice looking crapper. :BangHead:

at.webp
 
Upvote 0
congrats on the silver!!!!
chuck.
 
if you don't want them I would like them....
 
Tungstens great try stainless dull on the out side mirror like on the inside gotta be white gold NOT better than some other bad thing i guess
 
That is a nice looking crapper...I think those tungstens are getting lost because they are so heavy.
 
I got a Stainless this past weekend that broke my heart!!!
 
That is a nice looking crapper...I think those tungstens are getting lost because they are so heavy.

I never thought about it before but I suspect you're probably right. Those buggers are heavy.
 
There are three posts on my local Craigslist for lost Tungsten wedding rings, and one for a found Tungsten wedding ring. I guess they are getting popular.
 
Good looking finds. Tungsten finds better than none.
 
There are three posts on my local Craigslist for lost Tungsten wedding rings, and one for a found Tungsten wedding ring. I guess they are getting popular.

I think it's probably all about the cost, money out of pocket at the time of purchase. When you look at the price of gold today fewer and fewer people can justify paying for it and even fewer are willing to risk it as an investment, especially with the added retail markup. I can understand why people are choosing to buy them as many of them do look nice and they won't show wear. Silver would be the much better lower cost investment VS gold but who wants to be cleaning that ring all the time, which would be way more often down here in all this salt air. I guess it's all in how you look at things. :dontknow:
 
At least you found some silver
 
I had a tungstun ring when I got married. They are really heavy but durable, hard to crush as well so if you work with your hands alot and you hit it with something it wont bend and cause more damage to you. The reason I say had is because I lost mine a few years ago while hunting.
 
Those Tung are slippery as heck on your finger.... gone before you know it. Like Les said ....better than nothing rattling around in the scoop. Least they look pretty.... SS, looks, smells, and tastes like junk..... cant even give those to the grand kids.

Dew
 
I guess too many would be a bummer but it's apparent that your looking in the right places for precious metals. I always like some positive indicators that I'm in the right spot. Even a couple lead sinkers.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom