No pinpointer needed for this

beavis

Mar 11, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
A gentleman who lives next to a property I was hunting showed this contraption to me. Said he was hunting and dug it up. Can you imagine? He couldn't tell me much about it other than it hooked to an engine for power. What would it be used for?

Attachments

• Halifax Hunt 016.jpg30%.jpg
    Halifax Hunt 016.jpg30%.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 531

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Looks like some type of planter, maybe corn or peas or beans. Hard to tell from the picture, but the bin on top was used to hold seeds of some type, I believe. If you look down in the bin, do you see anything in the bottom of it? Usually they weren't that "hefty," so I could be all wet, too. :D -Noodle

Upvote 0

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It doesn't HOOK TO an engine. It IS an engine.

stover.jpg

Early 1900's Hit & Miss gas engine. (or most of it...)

DCMatt

Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're probably right. It's just missing the fuel tank/jacket. External combustion engine. I saw a demo with a larger/different one using steel cable, pulleys and a plow to plow a small field with the engine staying in place (pre-self-propelled tractor, post-horse idea).

Talk about a farming accident waiting to happen!

Love watching and hearing them at the fairs: Poof. . . Poof. . . Poof.

Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BioProfessor said:
Think anything even called a metal detector could have missed that signal?

Daryl

Wait a minute . . . wait a minute . . . there is a disturbance in the force out by the barn.

4e54_1.JPG

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions