CC1.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 900
  • CC2.JPG
    CC2.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,423

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Looks kind of "fishy," I know, but it's supposed to be a "C" on an arrowhead. It's the mark of Carter, Gough & Co. of Newark, NJ. The firm existed under numerous names (Carter & ____) from 1841 until 1915, when it became known as Carter, Gough & Co. The last reported listing for them was in 1922.

You can see a similar mark on the back of a brooch at:

http://www.goantiques.com/scripts/images,id,1227431.html#image2

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Spitfire Reddie

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
PBK you are simply amazing !!! :o :o .I would like just half of your great knowledge !!! :)

Upvote 0

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Well now you know you have a known, marked, beautiful piece of gold jewelry. Sure beats the standard 10 or 14k ring that has been reshaped by a lawnmower. LOL
Great dig Red!

~Nash~

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Spitfire Reddie

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
hollowpointred said:
how did you aquire it reddie? did you dig it?

I dug it but i thought it was just gold plated but i think its solid gold now ! WOO HOO !!!!!! I wasn't even going to bother putting it on here !

Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
its hard to see from the photo but it looks like an old cufflink. id love to see some more pictures. it looks like a great find!

Upvote 0

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At first glance, I thought it was an antique belly button adornment. Now I see that it's an old cufflink. Kinda hard for me to imagine grandma with a pierced navel :D

Upvote 0

krisfox63

Oct 6, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there I saw your post about your cuff link and I have the exact same question any news about it yet or if it is real gold . just checking ,this is my first time on this website so bare with me ..I only have one of them with some initial on it but it looks exactly like yours. thx krisfox63

Upvote 0

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there I saw your post about your cuff link and I have the exact same question any news about it yet or if it is real gold . just checking ,this is my first time on this website so bare with me ..I only have one of them with some initial on it but it looks exactly like yours. thx krisfox63

It was identified in the first comment under the original post.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread