What's new

no place ever hunted out-

aka da Prof

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
437
Reaction score
163
Golden Thread
0
Location
Finger Lakes, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Garret Freedom One / Fisher 1280X / Beach Bully sand scoop/ Garret ProPin Pointer/Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no place ever 'hunted out'-

So, as the title states, I've hit this 1800 farm house hard but always come up with some thing. Recoveries so far have been an 1832 capped bust dime, key to front door (shown in photo), '54 large cent,1918 silver franc, '39 buf nickel, dimes and quarters from '44-'64, wheaties and clads. This last time the ground was soft from T.S. Lee and conditions perfect for detecting. I dug a few more wheaties, got a broken signal and up came a nice older silver and turquoise ring! As the owner walked by I asked, 'hey, Kit, does this look familiar?' She says 'O.M.G.!!! that's mothers ring!! I lost it back in high school!!! (©'early '70's) I've looked every where'!!!-- I said 'Well, look no more' and handed her a treasure lost for 40 years!!! This made both our day and felt I should share the story here.
I expect to get back (45 miles away) as often as I can and keep 'plugging away'. When something good come up, I'll post here, for as we know-- no place is ever hunted out!
p.s. This hundred acre farm had been in the same family sense 1800 till Kit's parents bought it in the 40's. I go back to help restore the house and rehearse our music there. --(Kit is an excellent fiddler)-- da Prof-
 

Attachments

  • mail.webp
    mail.webp
    5.2 KB · Views: 1,001
  • mail-2.webp
    mail-2.webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 1,002
  • mail-1.webp
    mail-1.webp
    6.8 KB · Views: 1,007
Upvote 2
Re: no place ever 'hunted out'-

thanks for the tip===Garret Pro I'll go--
I could share another story of ring returned---two years ago on Siesta Key beach. A young Brit on 'holiday' asked if I might help find Mums rings lost a few days earlier. I walked a tight 100' x 100' grid for the afternoon- didn't find the rings. As he was leaving I said- "got a number I could call if I do find 'em'?' I then started the grid again from the extreme far point. When I reached a coils swing from my starting point, just at sunset, BINGO!- I called, they came. I asked what does it look like, He said 'Like this', holding up his wife hand with a perfect match. I was sorry to find only one, but the more precious heirloom of the two.-- He said, quote, ' I can't believe a New Yorker would be so nice and honest to return this'!! I would like to reward you, what would be good for you'. I said 'Usually twice the value of the lost item'--- his blank stare turned to grin as he said 'Hold out your hand'. $20 bills started flowing,- '$100, is that nice' 'that's nice', $200, 'That better?' 'Better' $340 'that's all have, thank you so much'---I was fortunate that my unicycling daughter had just come up off the wet sand and had her I-phone, so, a not to clear pic is below.
As always ' Fill your holes and return what you can'----da Prof-
p.s.- thanks for the nomination sgratrider, Tuberale
 
Re: no place ever 'hunted out'-

Cool story. Kudos for the ring return. You can't go wrong with the pro pointer. I recently retired a 32year old Garrett groundhog. hh lc
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom