NOI and POO

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wanting to do some work on a claim in Idaho. There are small existing retaining ponds and water can be recirculated far away from the creek. I have read the archives and there is MUCH info there to digest.

In a nutshell...a NOI is needed when you want to perform operation that MAY have a "Significant Surface Dsitrubance". A POO is requested by the ranger and also requires him to do a formal EIS....right?

Example: if we wanted to move the boulders on a bench about 20' x 20' in size to get to the pay layer below. then toss the boulders back when done...is this significant?

What I need to get a handle on is the actual definition of "Significant Surface Disturbance" as this seems to be the trigger point of needing either NOI or POO.

Upvote 0

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Even then, if it is you are not required, your not moving that much material.

OP
OP
B

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think we're gonna be fine. Wont even need a dredge permit because we are on a bench.

Cassews

Dec 29, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett/White
Primary Interest:
Other
Always check with local agencies. Our BLM and Forest Service people out here are just awesome to work with. I am the back up Agent for the Club Claims here in Western Colorado and I work with both agencies-nary a problem as we are always in there asking them questions and receiving answers. Of course we are considered a medium small town. I guess we are a lucky bunch to have such terrific people we work with ....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread