Nokta Fors CoRe depth?

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone tell me what kind of depth are you getting from this machine? As in what other brand is this comparable too and how good is recovery speed and separation with iron and good target. I'm really liking the look of this machine but manufacturers videos always tout their machine can detect through 2 feet of concrete and find a nugget. I want to hear from those with one.

shoover17331

Sep 5, 2008
Spring Grove,PA
Detector(s) used
XLT, Blisstool V3, Nokta fors, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one and they are as deep as the Manufacturers video shows. Especially the little 5" coil has amazing depth for it size. recovery speed is fast and target separation is also good. Most youtube videos out their on youtube on the Fors CoRe are accurate that I have seen so far. The Air test on youtube using all three coils is in fact accurate. Even though it is in a different language it is accurate and they use a US dime and a nickle so I can attest to these two results. Customer service is A+ and since the MSRP of the pro pack dropped $400. you cant go wrong. This is a pretty much turn on and go detector , if you like to Tweak settings you will get bored with this machine. You have one Disc. level from 1-99 anything below the number you select the audio is blocked but still produces a VDI #. I have no regrets with my purchase.

Last edited:

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What it doesn't show and what I would like to know is how accurate is the VDI at that depth. Will it correctly ID at that depth or just make a sound. How deep will it accurately ID a dime on an air test?

TallTom

Mar 3, 2012
So. Calif.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact, Makro Racer, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The videos I've seen and reviews I've read seem to say that the ID will be good up until the
last two inches or so of depth. This appears to mean that you'll get accurate ID for about
eight inches on a dime that you detect via audio up to 10 inches, for example.

See the youtube videos posted by Keith Southern, for example. He posts them under
the name relics1864. He has tested a lot of machines and has excellent credibility.

shoover17331

Sep 5, 2008
Spring Grove,PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The videos I've seen and reviews I've read seem to say that the ID will be good up until the
last two inches or so of depth. This appears to mean that you'll get accurate ID for about
eight inches on a dime that you detect via audio up to 10 inches, for example.

See the youtube videos posted by Keith Southern, for example. He posts them under
the name relics1864. He has tested a lot of machines and has excellent credibility.
yea your right, VDI numbers don't register as deep.

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like a good machine. I have an AT pro with lots of extras and im wondering if the nokta fors core is a step up..down or sideways

shoover17331

Sep 5, 2008
Spring Grove,PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't answer that Badger. If I had a AT pro I would offer my opinion. The AT pro being submersible is a big plus over the Fors. I. Would suggest you watch the videos form relics1864 try the same test with your AT Pro and judge for yourself to be safe. The 5" coil of the fors is awesome in iron infested sites though. When you watch Keith (relics1864) run the fors across his wooden deck with the stock coil and pick up a nickel and dime on edge between the nails, just imagine what you can do with a coil half that size.

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By what I've read it seems to be like the MXT but digital, on my MXT I can get dimes at 10"+ with some being at a full 12" before and have had most 10" dimes VDI at a correct 80VDI. I don't really go by the VDI on those real deep whisper targets as if the detector is barely picking it up the VDI might not be correct, I've had some deep dimes come in at 40 to 50 VDI some of those might have been on edge some or other metal close by. Those clean sounding whisper targets are almost always good targets though. I think the 2' under concrete for a nugget is wishful thinking unless the nugget would be the size of a brick or possibly bigger, and if that was true you would be getting dimes way deeper than 10" for sure. HH

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably comes closer to a f75 without boost, but you started adding a bunch of mineral, then the FORS is deeper than f75. Also FORS with stock coil in the separation dept. very, very, very, very, very good when comparing to many other Machines with similar sized coils. And then move to the small coil in the separation department is hard to beat, depth the same. And this is going up against a bunch of machines with like/similar sized coils.

Let me clarify, when the mineral gets in the 4 bar arena, the F75 over the same deep target with CoRe unit, the F75 more likely to ID as iron (low tone), CoRe unit will likely yield nonferrous high tone.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread