Upvote 3

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The "Simplex," is good in FRESH water, but does not work well in SALT water or on wet saltwater sand. If you are going to be hunting Saltwater beaches, get a Minelab Vanquish 340 or 440.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't have anything close to Terry's experience, or familiarity with all those detectors, but after I got my Legend my grandson bought himself a Simplex. We have been pleased with it on the treasure coast beaches. Seems to find fairly deep metals, 10-12" so far, and today was working well in wet sand and in mid calf high surf at Round Island. Just keep in mind that you are hearing that from relatively rank amateur detectorists .

OP
OP
PickTime

PickTime

Jun 17, 2022
FLORIDA
Detector(s) used
Simplex+
Don't have anything close to Terry's experience, or familiarity with all those detectors, but after I got my Legend my grandson bought himself a Simplex. We have been pleased with it on the treasure coast beaches. Seems to find fairly deep metals, 10-12" so far, and today was working well in wet sand and in mid calf high surf at Round Island. Just keep in mind that you are hearing that from relatively rank amateur detectorists .
Thanks Sandog. You’re hunting similar conditions I would be, as I am just up the coast from you.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are not too far north I would suggest a visit or call to Garry Mueller at Treasure Coast Metal Detectors in Stuart( 772-800-9908). Garry will be more than happy to talk over the whole process of choosing a new detector. He carries several makes, including Minelab and Nokta/Makro. He uses them all, and often. I haven't found him to be pushing any particular make. He listened carefully to what my grandson's criteria was and made a recommendation. He followed up wit calls and emails too see how we were doing and made some great suggestions to make sure we were successful. Oh yeah, I paid the same as the Amazon listed price. Good luck. Don't believe you can go wrong with either Minelab or Nokta.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread