USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all

I found a place in Oregon were i can Pan / Sluice for gold for free with no permits. Federal lands. Now my question is does anyone have a good Tip to how to build you own Sluice machine easy and cheap ??

The more designs and ideas i can get the better. i want to try as many as possible

USTiger

Upvote 0

JamesE

If D & K in Portland is still open, they used to have used stuff and a bulletin board with for sale stuff.
At around 140th and Halsey??? I've had their 10X30 sluice for 10 or so years, works pretty well.
There's also a public area at Quartzville if you want to go that far.
There's a lot of BLM landin the Willamette NF and up and down the Mollala River to play in. NAPA had a lot members in Portland, was a good club to hang with, had a club store in Chehalis WA, don't know what their doing these days. (last I was there was 96 so don't take any of this as gospel) jim

If you use aluminum, the propane torch aluminum 'soldering' rods work pretty dang good and easy to use.
Also floating around somewhere on Tnet are plans for the poop tube sluice, pretty easy, cheap, and effective.

golddigger14s

Aug 14, 2007
Lawton, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Unless you are veeeerry good with metal. I would suggest you get a used one. The amount of hassel and time building one (that works) compared to buying one usually doesn't compare.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread