What's new

Norris & what??? Ale or stoneware ginger beer

jgas

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2008
Messages
3,826
Reaction score
2,753
Golden Thread
1
Location
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Hi everyone. Long time since I’ve been posting. In the middle of a huge move. But I dug this yesterday and cannot figure out what it says on the debossing. Looks like Norris & Rundd. I cannot find anything about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Jgas.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1191.webp
    IMG_1191.webp
    851.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1194.webp
    IMG_1194.webp
    877.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1195.webp
    IMG_1195.webp
    808.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1196.webp
    IMG_1196.webp
    863.1 KB · Views: 63
Actually I think it says "Norris & Rundle". A quick search found this page about it. They apparently operated out of Cleveland, Ohio in the late 1800's. Mostly soda, mineral water, sasparilla, etc. I don't know what that particular bottle would have contained, perhaps someone else will.
 
Thanks Rob. You got it. I appreciate the help. The top is broke off but I can put it back together. Make it presentable at least. Seems like a fairly scarce one. I like to save a bit of its history if I can. Thanks for solving this one. Jgas
 
Thanks Rob. You got it. I appreciate the help. The top is broke off but I can put it back together. Make it presentable at least. Seems like a fairly scarce one. I like to save a bit of its history if I can. Thanks for solving this one. Jgas
It appears to be ceramic ? Is that correct I have only ever dug two intact ceramic bottles bottle in 50 years of digging .And both are in good condition They are some of my prize finds Heck yea on fixing the broken top It will still be a good bottle to have in your collection .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom