North Carolina gold prospectors! Looking for fellow enthusiasts

Picker719

Greenie
Oct 19, 2020
Cameron, NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi everybody! I got into gold prospecting a little under a year ago and absolutely love it but Iā€™ve been going by myself the whole time. I would love to find someone or a group of people that would like to do some gold hunting trips. I live in Cameron which is near the fayeteville area so Iā€™ve been doing my prospecting in the Uwharrie National Forest which has been a blast, found some decent gold there, a couple of 1.5 gram nuggets, a few pickers, but mostly really fine gold. Iā€™m willing to travel though so if anyone has a favorite spot and wants to go with someone who also has gold fever let me know! Happy hunting fellow North Carolinians!!

Upvote 0

treehut61

Jul 30, 2020
Charlotte NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello Picker, I am in the charlotte area and try to get to Uhwarrie every weekend. Just started prospecting in July I am sure we will cross paths there. Just look for the little brown truck!

khestee

Sep 15, 2016
Sandhills of NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & GTAX 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Carthage. Not a gold hunter per say, but I do have a pan.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The closest GPAA chapter to you I believe is in Aberdeen. Get in contact with them. They go there quite often.

streamer

Mar 6, 2022
Hello Picker, I am in the charlotte area and try to get to Uhwarrie every weekend. Just started prospecting in July I am sure we will cross paths there. Just look for the little brown truck!
Are you still panning? I noticed this post was two years ago.

X4FRNT

Dec 5, 2019
Salisbury NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi everybody! I got into gold prospecting a little under a year ago and absolutely love it but Iā€™ve been going by myself the whole time. I would love to find someone or a group of people that would like to do some gold hunting trips. I live in Cameron which is near the fayeteville area so Iā€™ve been doing my prospecting in the Uwharrie National Forest which has been a blast, found some decent gold there, a couple of 1.5 gram nuggets, a few pickers, but mostly really fine gold. Iā€™m willing to travel though so if anyone has a favorite spot and wants to go with someone who also has gold fever let me know! Happy hunting fellow North Carolinians!!

In NC as well, check out my YouTube channel, I find a good bit of gold about every video! X4PROSECTING https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC9rQ54LjbVUUzKrUtv9DU0g/videos

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread