What's new

North Carolina

jj358

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2014
Messages
52
Reaction score
84
Golden Thread
0
Location
eastern kentucky
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey guys I have to go to work in Tar Heel NC for a month, and was wondering what the laws reguarding artifact hunting. Thanks for any info. jj358
 
Upvote 0
Here is a link that is helpful State Statutes | NC DNCR Office of State Archaeology but basically, if it's your property the only thing you have to report is if you find a skeleton, if it's someone's else's property you have to ask permission, if it's public land and you find an artifact it's ok to keep it but they prefer you report it, just have to be aware. If you're working a construction site and find stuff in the dirt you can keep it as long as it's not a person's bones. What area/county will you be in?
 
Thanks for the info, I'm staying in Fayetteville, and working in Tar heel.
 
I don't know much about that area but I'm sure there are artifacts there. I'm in the area of the well known (I think) Berry Site, Joara and all that, it's pretty cool though. Good luck and hope you can find some good spots to poke around!
 
The battlefield near Averasborough is also near Fayetteville
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom