North Fork AR access question

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0
I was at Ponderosa about a month ago and the fee pay stand was gone. I do not know if they have replaced it. There was plenty of room on the west side of the bridge. Yankee Jims will probably be a zoo. The water level is at 600cfs so there will probably be lots of kayakers and rafters along with everyone else trying to get the few parking spots. Watch out for people speeding up the road heading towards Colfax. I missed two head on collisions in the last month on the corners (yakkers). I am going there tomorrow, will probably be there about 7AM so I can get a spot.

GM

Yes Ponderosa pay station is obliterated and they likely wont have funds to fix it very soon either. Last visit to Yankee Jim's did have a small lot on the North side and a little more parking on the South but you may have to pay the $8.00 to park. My buddy got some good colors at Ponderosa a week or 2 ago and I have gotten good stuff even lower down the river so I have been saving gas.
I do like the cave at the Yankee Jim parking lot. It's fun to go back in as far as you can; i used my cell phone light and it was scary and fun too! Good luck up there!

I went to Yankee Jim's 2 weeks ago up the north path. Found a little but the area was well worked. Shirttail creek was to rough to cross then. The pay station was removed by someone so no fee then. Want to get in the water by the end of the month when the river may be lower.

Did the pay box fall into the river or did they feel guilty sticking it to the man?

Back in Nov someone destroyed the outhouse on a Friday night and ASRA replaced it with a new one on Sat. That night someone plowed the new one over the edge of the cliff and they were out Sun replacing it again. Parking is now $10.00

Thanks for the awesome info!! It will save me so much time driving around..

My fire is burning; my clutch went out the night before my big trip this last week... Back to the drawing board. :)!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back