What's new

North Ga?

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody from N GA in here? I always like to hunt for any kind of Treasure! PM me if you are interested and live in the area of Acworth 20 miles any direction from there. If you arent afraid of going into caves. I dont want to go into them by myself. Thanks, rock
 
Dalton, here.........Looking for a cave or two up on rocky face mnt.
 
Anyone else closer?
 
Marietta, GA...would be interested in river/stream/hunting...not afraid of caves also.
 
I'm in commerce ga not afraid of caves been looking for em
 
I know of one cave that is rite above a creek. It has a big opening and looks interesting.
 
I'd be interested in doing some cave or old mine exploration, I have climbing equip for safety perp.
 
I'm in Canton.. Interested in exploring for gold and artifacts.
 
I live 10 miles from the first major US gold rush (Dahlonega). The past 5 years, I’ve been fascinated by the history and the exploring of 1800-1900 gold/silver mines. In my reasearch and then going out to try to physically find them, I have found about 10-15 completely abanadoned mines. Many with the original cabins/buildings and/or equipment (stamp mill) still standing. Many of the minds I’ve found go deep into the mountain while some go up the mountain. It’s very interesting! It’s like walking through history. I have a lot of knowledge about the mines I’ve found and other history relating to a lot of this through the deep research I do. I am more than happy to share my findings (must be kept secret) with fellow history buffs, folks with gold fever or people that don’t mind crawling into a dirty old mine and getting dirty. Lol. Most are easy access, although some have a tight squeeze because they were baricded when they closed the mines. However, over the years, people like myself have tracks these spots down and dig small entrances that once you’re through, open up into huge adits. I also do a lot of metal detecting.
Let me know if you’re interested! I would love to learn more about the tales of hidden treasures in this area, also.
Thanks!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom