What's new

northern indiana

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2012
Messages
2,223
Reaction score
783
Golden Thread
0
Location
SOMEWHERE
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello everybody just curious if anybody knows of any good spots around middlebury im new to metal detecting but absolutley love it if anyone lives close and wants a partner let me know thanks:headbang::headbang::headbang:
 
Hey Son,

My detecting buddy and I hit the park in town that has a creek running nearby it and we didn't have to good a luck.

I was hoping you knew of any good places around there in town as far as public goes.

You're in a prime area as far as old house go, especially along the southern side on S.R. 13
 
im working on getting permission to hunt an old 1900's camp by the lake its getting ready to be paved over if i get it your more than welcome to come
 
you could actually help me with permission cause im not 100 percent sure who to contact either the county or state bought the land and are in the midst of turning it into a boat launch its on stone lake in lagrange county if you could help i think it will be a great place
 
If I were you and you know that it's county or state owned, I'd hunt it before they tear it up before it gets lost forever.

If it's owned by a private landowner, then you could go to the County Surveyors office and purchase a County Plat Book. That gives the size of properties as well as the landowners names. From there, you can look up the address of the landowner and contact them in person to hunt. Just a trick I pulled out of my deer hunting arsenal trick bag. I bought a Plat book years ago for Elkhart County and I think it was right around $20.00. Most recently I bought one for Cass County MI and it ran $20-25. It's a good tool to have and use.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom