northern indiana

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Son,

My detecting buddy and I hit the park in town that has a creek running nearby it and we didn't have to good a luck.

I was hoping you knew of any good places around there in town as far as public goes.

You're in a prime area as far as old house go, especially along the southern side on S.R. 13

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im working on getting permission to hunt an old 1900's camp by the lake its getting ready to be paved over if i get it your more than welcome to come

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you could actually help me with permission cause im not 100 percent sure who to contact either the county or state bought the land and are in the midst of turning it into a boat launch its on stone lake in lagrange county if you could help i think it will be a great place

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I were you and you know that it's county or state owned, I'd hunt it before they tear it up before it gets lost forever.

If it's owned by a private landowner, then you could go to the County Surveyors office and purchase a County Plat Book. That gives the size of properties as well as the landowners names. From there, you can look up the address of the landowner and contact them in person to hunt. Just a trick I pulled out of my deer hunting arsenal trick bag. I bought a Plat book years ago for Elkhart County and I think it was right around $20.00. Most recently I bought one for Cass County MI and it ran $20-25. It's a good tool to have and use.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread