Northern York County ,Black Sand,Lots of it.

nottinon

Apr 27, 2010
Fogelsville,Pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We went out for the long weekend,and set up the sluice,in the aria of Dillsburg.Stony Run Creek.....
Very nice aria,lots of Magnetite,in every clean out.......No big nuggets,but some very fine gold,,,,,,,.
this picture is showing a 10 x magnification,that I put my camera on.

Sunday we spent at Beaver Creek-North,by the Water Falls.......Sniping rocks,but no big Gold.Lots of Black Sand,and couple of small Garnets.We will be back.......
I know someone,that found 0.50 inch nuggets there.I guess I was at the wrong place.........

Attachments

• IMG_1536.JPG
    IMG_1536.JPG
    579.3 KB · Views: 3,712

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Thanks for the picture, I need to get me one of those magnification things so I can take pictures of stuff like this too. Good luck with the shine!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft: Mining is 90% prospecting and 10% recovery so learn to enjoy the hunt, rejoice in the beauty and you'll soon find the booty- :laughing7: John

OP
OP
nottinon

nottinon

Apr 27, 2010
Fogelsville,Pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Astrobouncer
The camera is a Power Shoot SD950 IS 12.1 Mega Pixels,made by Canon.....All Titanium Frame.3.7 x Zoom lens.Really nice camera.
You can do nice close ups with it.I got 3 different magnifiers,that are allway's with me.8x.15x,and 20x.
And also you can take full pictures with it,that are really huge,up to 3 Megs.....Huge,and Cristal clear.
And thanks for the comments Guy's......

Later

Attachments

• IMG_1548.JPG
    IMG_1548.JPG
    715.3 KB · Views: 453

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions