What's new

not a bad 1.5 hour hunt in the old neighborhood

7up2000

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2014
Messages
533
Reaction score
1,342
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yesterday morning I had some free time so I went to one of the oldest city neighborhoods to see if I could find a good hunting spot. An abandoned house made of adobe looked like a good spot. The first coin I found was the 1942 Washington(incidentally this is my first silver Washington).
The other coins are 1944 wheat, 1944S wheat, 1945 wheat, 1967 clad Roosevelt, and an Arizona tax token--circa late 30's, early 40's. The tax token was the state's way of getting the 1/3 cents revenue since the tax rate was based on a percentage. I've found several of these MDing. Anyways, I wanted to share and as I said, I feel it was a good 1.5 hours of hobby MDing. (Especially happy about the silver Washington)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2946.webp
    IMG_2946.webp
    142.6 KB · Views: 188
Upvote 10
Nice silver. Man that dirt Is rough on silvers
 
Congrats on your first silver. There will never be another 1st, but I hope you find many more in the future.
 
Cool digs, wierd that the silver got so dark, great find anyway
 
Phew, rough but I've found much worse silver. Even the rough ones I speak of felt soooo good, so just ignore us a-holes talking about the looks and enjoy the bliss.
 
Congratulations! You now qualify for the first silver dance!

 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom