NOT A BAD DAY ON NEW GROUND! FULL OF WHEATS

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So even though the weatherman "LIED" and it rained on us most of the day; we were determined to get out and let the son try out his new machine. Three of the four of us have the DEUS now. A buddy of ours secured us permission to be on our local base. We have hit most areas all around the base which includes the old housing tracts.

Today we worked on base that had some old houses which have long been removed. My son was off and running finding 7 wheats and a nice buffalo for the day; along with his usual fork!!!!

Our buddy who is still learning his machine (as am I) wasn't having so much luck only getting a few wheat's then pulled out two merc dimes and had to leave. A really worn 1917 and a great 1925. At least he left happy!

I was thinking I was going to get skunked for the day on the silver end, but managed an OD nickel (1945) lying on top of the ground. Along with my 16 wheat's and a few odds and ends; we have plenty to do next weekend when we return. I know there has to be some big silver on this base, its just making us work for it!!:laughing7:

There is an area that was once the "parade" grounds we have had our eyes on. It is where they would hold the military functions and such and its all green grass. What do you all think??? Would that be your next target?? Thanks for looking and be safe....

Oh, and the two rosies we found a last week on our hunt in an old town called Madeline. Unfortunately, the property we were going to detect the owners weren't home so we didn't dare detect until we could talk with them face to face...oh, well. At least we found something in the old stock yards in the area. The son got a 57-D and I found the 47-S.

Attachments

• herlong1017a.jpg
    herlong1017a.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 75
  • herlong1017b.jpg
    herlong1017b.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 66
  • herlong1017c.jpg
    herlong1017c.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 72
  • herlong1017d.jpg
    herlong1017d.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 66
  • herlong1017e.jpg
    herlong1017e.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 61
  • herlong1017ef.jpg
    herlong1017ef.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 67
  • herlong1017f.jpg
    herlong1017f.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 68
  • madeline01.jpg
    madeline01.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 65
  • herlong1017k.jpg
    herlong1017k.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Upvote 7

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice digs.:thumbsup: At least you had some good targets to pull. I'd have no hesitation in hunting the parade field.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt - advice, you might want to wear your ear protection a few inches down on your head....... (see avatar) :dontknow:

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bad week you all spent out hunting.Now try the old parade ground there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions