What's new

Not a big fan of the Excal II

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2010
Messages
1,259
Reaction score
1,209
Golden Thread
1
Location
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But it is growing on me. A 4 gram 18K and a .925 spinner, plus a couple quarters and some junk.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0115.webp
    IMG_0115.webp
    11.2 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_0116.webp
    IMG_0116.webp
    10.2 KB · Views: 326
Upvote 0
TNT...... which machine is to your liking and why?

Dew
 
It certainly seems to be doing the job. Nice.
:occasion14:
 
TNT...... which machine is to your liking and why?

Dew

I really like my SeaHunter MK II. Turn it on and go. I have pretty clean beaches here so it's dig, dig, dig. And I don't mind. I know if I were somewhere else I would enjoy the discrimination but for right now it's dig, dig, dig.
 
Yah, dont you just hate it when it finds gold. (lol)
 
That makes sense, if the beaches area clean, discrimination is not an advantage.

But why the Sea Hunter MK II. I am asking, as I am considering buying a PI for greater depth on sanded in beaches and shallow water hunting/snorkel diving in Hawaii.

Strangely, I have found it far easier to select a VLF beach detector than a PI detector and keep going around and around trying to decide in a endless circle between four candidates for shallow water hunting/diving in Hawaii. Please note that the Pros and Cons are based on reviews and expectations, I have not used or even seen any of those listed in order of what I prefer:

1. Garrett Sea Hunter MKII:
Pros - detects deep, interchangeable search coils (8 " mono search coil for shallow water hunting/diving, 10"X14" DD search coil for wet and dry sand hunting at beach), independent sealed battery compartment, reputation - usage by professional salvagers, low cost
Cons - Cannot use third party head phones because of non standard connector, one year limited warranty.


2. Tesoro Sand Shark: Pros - VCO mode to home in , cost, and life time warranty, loyal customer base
Cons - Does not have separate battery compartment, Hard wired Printer Spiral Search coil(s) tend to act like rudder/flip up in surf

3. White's Surf PI Dual Field Pros - Large field coil gives greater depth, small field coil higher sensitivity to small targets optimized for gold.
Cons - Does not have separate battery compartment, Not able to find rated depth limitation for diving, Coil is either corky for shallow water hunting, or too heavy if weighted for dry and wet sand beach hunting.

4. Garrett Infinium LS Pros - versatility, flexibility and greatest depth
Cons - most difficult to master
 
I still alternate between my excal and my cz21. I'm using the excal more lately, since I'm not in the water. Congrats on the loot. I'm pretty jealous since pickings are very scarce on the Gulf.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom