What's new

Not a coin. Is it worth anything.

White Feather

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
366
Reaction score
24
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch: Okay, what have I got here? It's two full ounces and is 2" across. :help:
 

Attachments

  • Detector recoveries 00001B.webp
    Detector recoveries 00001B.webp
    39.8 KB · Views: 372
  • Detector recoveries 00000B.webp
    Detector recoveries 00000B.webp
    40 KB · Views: 366
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
kurtma12 said:
Not really sure of a date, but they sell as "commemorative medals."

The front dates are the centennial dates of Canada. The back date is the year that part of Canada became its own territory.
Great research kurtma12. :icon_thumright:

canada comm..webpcanada commemorative.webp
 
Upvote 0
:laughing9: I'm not looking to sell it. I have the first piece of whatzits I found some twenty plus years ago. I was just wondering if it should go in the loose box of coins and "stuff" or if it should be protected in a coin wraper or put someplace safe. I thought more in the line of semi-protected in that the grandkids could play with the old box of stuff that I sometimes scatter to let them play with the detector in the yard up at the homestead. I have the yard salted with all sorts of goodies. They find them and bring them to me to claim a reward. Grand-Pop's are easy targets that way.
Thanks for the input. I found a site that has responded with an email and I sent the particulars along with pictures and they are trying to find out more about it. They deal in these medalions and have never seen one like this one. I have run into dozens of similar medals and commeritives but never one just like this one. When they get back to me I will post the information for future referance and general information in case anyone else finds one.
:laughing9: :hello: :thumbsup: Okay, I got the answer from a dealer. This is his response.
 

Attachments

  • Detector recoveries 00006B.webp
    Detector recoveries 00006B.webp
    32.4 KB · Views: 223
Upvote 0
White Feather,

If you feel this is solved,

Go back to your original post,

Click on Modify,

Click on Message icon down arrow,

Click on Solved,

The Green Check will appear :icon_thumright:


Here is a photo tutorial to help you through that process.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,259097.0.html
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom