What's new

Not a lot this weekend.Too HOT!

basque-man

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2014
Messages
2,525
Reaction score
3,120
Golden Thread
1
Location
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So with our final hunt for the month before heading out east, I made my son "grid" of an area we had done well at. Told him it needed to be done so we could scratch it off the "to do" list.

Not to much but wheats, a couple marbles and the normal stuff. He did manage a cool looking eagle cuff link that cleaned up well. I scored an odd button Rang up good on the E-Trac so I'm thinking silver.....nope; a 46 Wheat. Except someone made a butting out it. Odd. Never found one like this. Too bad it couldn't have been GOLD!!!! Maybe next time. We spent about six hours out and it was just warm. Oh well. Our gear is all broken down and put away for the trip.

If we make any cool finds, we'll be sure to post them. Be careful out there!

717herlong.webp

717herlong3.webp

717herlong5.webp

717herlong4.webp
 

Attachments

  • 717herlong2.webp
    717herlong2.webp
    29 KB · Views: 122
Upvote 14
Some cool stuff.. never seen a penny made into like that..VC!!
 
Looks like you have some rocky tough hunting conditions, but you did well!
 
Looks like some rough terrain detecting. I am glad I have loose loam and top soil. My only difficulty comes from super thick grass at times. You guys are always find some cool things. How far East are you going?
 
Looks like some rough terrain detecting. I am glad I have loose loam and top soil. My only difficulty comes from super thick grass at times. You guys are always find some cool things. How far East are you going?

Boston area for a few days then onto Martha's Vineyard! Going to hit some of the old trails and wooded areas. If I can avoid the poison oak/ivy!!!
 
Looks like some tough ground to detect, nice finds!!

Maybe you'll find an old copper on your trip. Good Luck!!
 
The Eagle thing is the so called "Ruptured Duck " issued to discharged Army WWII I think (might have included all Armed Forces )
Could you show a reverse picture of the odd wheat penny ?
 
Now that's a 'Better' than average day of finds for me.

Ill take old Car Labels or Keys anytime.
Reckon the cent was in a Necklace or Charm?
 
Boston area for a few days then onto Martha's Vineyard! Going to hit some of the old trails and wooded areas. If I can avoid the poison oak/ivy!!!

Man you are the world traveler aren't you. I get excited when I go back home, 150 miles from where I currently live and detect with my brother-in-law..
 
The Eagle thing is the so called "Ruptured Duck " issued to discharged Army WWII I think (might have included all Armed Forces )
Could you show a reverse picture of the odd wheat penny ?

The penny is in the second to last picture. It looks like it was actually placed inside of a "button frame". Odd I thought.

thanks for the info on the other piece. My son is the relic finder!
 
Man you are the world traveler aren't you. I get excited when I go back home, 150 miles from where I currently live and detect with my brother-in-law..

I never liked to travel or take a plane anywhere. Now that I metal detect though; the wife has little problem getting me to go someplace as long as I can take my machine!!!:occasion14:

All Work and No Detecting makes Jack a Dull Boy!!! :tongue3:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom