NOT AGAIN!!

Dannycoco

Jun 2, 2016
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up my weekly order of three boxes of halves today. All three boxes were solid 1995P. Last week I got 2 full boxes and a few rolls in the third box. What the heck is going on? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1531525704.418328.jpg

Upvote 0

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’d probably be a lot of work, but if you went thru them and found a coin that would grade ms68 at Pcgs, it would be worth about $1000. Kind of a long shot, and you’d still have to be send it in and hope it made the grade, but heck, you’ve already got the coins...

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I've been getting these consistently for almost two months at one of my banks, at three boxes a week. They've finally started to mix in circulated coins but there has to be a connection here. A ton of 1995s floating around, for some reason. I'm going to keep ordering until it stops but in the meantime I'm putting three boxes a week back into the stream.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
It happens - I was on a streak with those also. The strange thing was that it seemed in every box a couple 40% or 90% coins would show up. All the rest would be the 95s. It wasn't hard to see them when I opened the roll but it was a bit odd to say the least! This went on for a couple months with me. I bag dump so I'd just open them all and pull the few in each box and drop the rest in the bag. I search a box in about 5 minutes so it wasn't that big a deal but if I had to roll them all back up or use a coin sorter at the bank it would not have been pleasant to see those...

Maine_Jim

OP
OP
Dannycoco

Dannycoco

Jun 2, 2016
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim so your saying I should be checking the rolls? All I've seen so far are shiny uncirculated coins.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Jim so your saying I should be checking the rolls? All I've seen so far are shiny uncirculated coins.

It depends on how you dump the coins. Bag dump and I'd open them. If you have to roll them back up or put them through a sorter then I'd open a few boxes perhaps and see what comes of it then move on.

Maine_Jim

OP
OP
Dannycoco

Dannycoco

Jun 2, 2016
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I opened two boxes and they were all brand new 1995's. Hopefully I don't get anymore this week.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions