What's new

Not as Good as I had hoped but...

jewelerdave

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2007
Messages
850
Reaction score
98
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got a total of 5 boxes today from order from the "good bank"
well it went ok.
one Lady a 1945
two bens 50d and 63d
four Kens 1964s
42 %40 kens
and some weirdness
a gold plated BiCen
a proof Bicen
a proof 78
a proof but very circulated 1977S
a 1987P
a 1984 that was nickel plated and has 1960 to 1980 stamped on it???Whats up with this?
So 55 keepers out of $2500
I will get the other $1500 they ordered for me tomorrow.
Ht 2007 CRH Total: 9 26 07
War Nickels – 1
Buffalo Nicks - 1
proof Nickel - 1
Sil Dimes - 2
Sil Wash Qtrs - 0
90% Kennedy - 48
40% Kennedy - 368
Franklins - 13
Walkers - 7
Barber - 2
Comm. Sil Halves – 1 1992 columbus
Prf Halves - 32
of witch are Silver Proofs 12

Ikes - 37​
 

Attachments

  • 92607.webp
    92607.webp
    74.5 KB · Views: 240
Upvote 0
Hi Dave,do you mean to say that your bank was willing to order 8! boxes at a time for you?

What kind of fees are they charging you for this service?

And on top of that,NOT make you take them all at the same time?

If they did all of this I would consider them a dream bank :).

That is how I got into trouble in the beginning of this year and took a break from ordering boxes until recently.I went from 1 box a week to 2 and they cut me off from free box ordering :'(.

Now I have found a bank that hasn't tried to charge me yet,but I only get 1 box per week from them,not trying to have a repeat of early '07 ;)

By the way,those totals you reported from "only" 5 boxes would make me ecstatic.Since I started up again,the most I have found in a single box is 4 40%er's,with many silverless boxes as well and only 2 90% total!,No Franklin's,no walking lib's.

The results when I took a break earlier this year were not a whole lot better, but I was finding more 90% and an occasional Franklin :o.

Far cry from the good old days of CRH when silver was plentiful and few hunters.good luck...
 
well I got the other $1500 and did ok, and I picked up two more boxes from another back that I had ordered in
So $2500 in todays halves yielded




just 35 more 40%ers
2 90% kens
1 1936d walker


As far as getting lots of boxes all I did was ask. Flirt with the tellers if it would not be creepy, just be respectful and professional.
the first 8 boxes were ordered and I got em, the second time I asked for 3 and they ordered 8
Even if they do start charging me as they have wanted to. It would run be about $40 in fees, But I have been averaging about $170 to $250 return on the amount ordered if I did pay the fees, so If I pay the fees its ok unless I start getting others dumps, Instead I have been dumping at a bank that uses a different service so each week I have been dumping about $6000to $9000 into the northern colorado area banks while ordering from a bank that uses a different service.
I am treating CRH as a business and so long as its covering Gas, bank fees my time and provides a nice profit I keep it up, there will always be collections dumped back into the banking system. As long as it is worth while I will keep going. There may be times when waiting a bit or a change of area is needed. But thats what vacations are for! One trip to North Dakota paid for its self in gas on the way there and bank on two bank stops, of course its gonna take those banks years to accumulate that many halves again but it was worth it!



Ht 2007 CRH Total: 9 27 07
War Nickels – 1
Buffalo Nicks - 1
proof Nickel - 1
Sil Dimes - 2
Sil Wash Qtrs - 0
90% Kennedy - 50
40% Kennedy - 403
Franklins - 13
Walkers - 8
Barber - 2
Comm. Sil Halves – 1 1992 columbus
Prf Halves - 32
of witch are Silver Proofs 12

Ikes - 37​
 
Not bad. Hope my 4 boxes come out as good or better. Motor on! 8)

Red Thunder
 
Flirt with the tellers if it would not be creepy, just be respectful and professional.
Good advice.

I am treating CRH as a business and so long as its covering Gas, bank fees my time and provides a nice profit I keep it up, there will always be collections dumped back into the banking system. As long as it is worth while I will keep going.
You're more disciplined than most. Kudos! And happy hunting!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom