What's new

Not bad....

placerman

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2005
Messages
286
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
I still have part of a box to go but had to report this....

So far Ive done 3 full boxes and found 84 silver halves, 2 proofs, and 5 NIFC's. One WL, three Franklins and another Booker T Washington comm. The rest are Kennedy's. I haven't sorted the 90% from the 40% yet but there seemed to be a lot of 90%ers in the pile.

Rim checking I found 57 of them. I found 27 of them by looking at the dates. Usually I don't miss any silver when I look at the rims but this time it sure paid dividends to check all the dates.

That's not counting the 12 rolls with silver showing that I will let my son open.


This should bump my average for the year up a little.
 
Upvote 0
wow! Those are some great numbers! I'm sure your son will enjoy opening the "enders"! Let us know what the total was on the three when you get a chance! Man I hope my 2 boxes look that good come Friday! :thumbsup:
 
He found exactly 40 more silver halves, no proofs and no NIFCs.

The final tally is 2 proofs, 5 NIFC's, 1 Booker T Washington Commemorative, 2 WL's, 4 Franklins, 6 90% Ken's, and 111 40% Ken's. 124 silver halves in total if my math is right. Nowhere near a dream box but Ill take what I can get.

The good news is I have four more boxes to go through tomorrow....

Wish me luck.
 
Very good luck to you Placer!
 
It might not of been a "DREAM BOX" but combined they made for a "Dream Day"

Congratulations on a Great Day....

Mojo
 
Great score :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Just proves it pays to look at the dates too. I know no one can find them all by side shots 100% of the time.
 
Hi Ho Silver! said:
Great score :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Just proves it pays to look at the dates too. I know no one can find them all by shots 100% of the time.

I "NEVER" miss a silver with my 2 step process & neither involves date searching every coin.

Looking at a date only comes into play if my eyes and ears are not sure.

It would take way to long to date search every coin when dealing in the volume that some do.

Mojo
 
coinmojo said:
Hi Ho Silver! said:
Great score :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Just proves it pays to look at the dates too. I know no one can find them all by shots 100% of the time.

I "NEVER" miss a silver with my 2 step process & neither involves date searching every coin.

Looking at a date only comes into play if my eyes and ears are not sure.

It would take way to long to date search every coin when dealing in the volume that some do.

Mojo

I do just what you do. But I still find some I missed . If I missed, you missed. Sorry!
 
Wow! Great haul with lots of silver :thumbsup: :thumbsup:. You have to be careful with those edges. I use the most powerfull pair of drug store reading glasses available and real good lighting.
HH
Rich
 
Man am i jealous , i cant get a decent box of halves around here. 27 halves u woulda missed by rim searchin sounds high .Puts some doubt on rim searchin only for the rest of us. If the light is good i often only rim search , may have missed a couple but like to think at this point i can spot the lurkers.
 
I find fairly high number of rims that look potentially Silver and some that look Silver that are not, do not think by Rimming am missing any really as do date check far too many as it is that are questionable.
 
I find a silver half with a clad looking rim almost every time I search. I always check the dates. I actually got a 68 today that I never would have found if I wasn't date searching.
 
timbobwey said:
I find a silver half with a clad looking rim almost every time I search. I always check the dates. I actually got a 68 today that I never would have found if I wasn't date searching.


I know what you mean.

Someone here has plated a lot of halves to look silver. I get one of these "fake" silver halves every other roll it seems.
 
Hi Ho Silver! said:
coinmojo said:
Hi Ho Silver! said:
Great score :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Just proves it pays to look at the dates too. I know no one can find them all by shots 100% of the time.

I "NEVER" miss a silver with my 2 step process & neither involves date searching every coin.

Looking at a date only comes into play if my eyes and ears are not sure.

It would take way to long to date search every coin when dealing in the volume that some do.

Mojo

I do just what you do. But I still find some I missed . If I missed, you missed. Sorry!

Your not me.... Sorry

Mojo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom