Minelab Equinox
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Pro-Pointer
White's Surfmaster Pro PI
Tesoro Cibola
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My metal detecting club was contacted to help a lady whose husband had crashed his bike and lost his wedding ring in a ditch on the side of the road. This occurred on James Island which is a stones throw away from downtown Charleston, South Carolina. I searched for a long time and never found the ring, (they weren't exactly sure where he had crashed) but did find an interesting piece of jewelry about 6 inches down in the mud. It's an 1886 Haitian 10 cent coin that was made into some kind of jewelry piece. It looks like it was bowled and I've been told that it was fairly common for people to make coin bracelets in the 1920's. Also found a buffalo nickel and a few other coins I haven't cleaned yet to see what they are but I thought some of you relic hunters might like this. It's not valuable but it's something I'll probably never find again and sometimes that's better than something that has some value, that you can regularly find in my opinion.View attachment 1886 1.pdf View attachment 1886 2.pdfView attachment 1886 3.pdfView attachment 1886 4.pdf

Upvote 25
That is really cool I know lots of people judge finds by the rarity and the value. I like I just love history and old things and just the fact that that item layed there from the moment it was dropped till the time you found it is cool to me That's a great display case item . Looks like you got a little reward for trying to help someone find a ring Great Job Thanks for sharing!!!Tommy

I'd go back...the rest of it is prolly still scattered about....and you may still find the ring as well...
Congrats on a unique find!

tn_outstanding.gif

I love the odd ball find, plus it's 1800's silver to boot, niceeeeeeeee...

Last edited:
^Agreed - it blows my mind what we find and where we find em.....ya never know what the next plug will yield no matter where you are.

Very interesting find! :occasion14:

That's Cool as Heck IMO + a Buff & other Coins , a good hunt , .
I do hope the guy gets his ring back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back