What's new

Not just another Barley Stubble Field...

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,310
Reaction score
48,562
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...but the no.1 field of last year, we had 34 hammered from this 1 field (not counting the few Shaun7 took home) :laughing7:
This field lived up to the dream & produced another 2 hammered in 4.5hrs. (Dad got one in less than 1 hour of helping at the end of the hunt)
Henry III Penny - Philip of Exeter (unusual mint for us) :)
Edward III Penny

Massive Medieval Cauldron foot (over 12" deep)
Pewter West Kent Militia Button - circa 1760s-1770s
8 Scrappies
1 Lead Token
Livery Button
Small Tudor Spectacle Buckle
1/2 PICE India Copper (Victorian)
& bits...
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    55.1 KB · Views: 737
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    49.8 KB · Views: 738
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    83.3 KB · Views: 743
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    80.2 KB · Views: 762
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    41 KB · Views: 730
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    30 KB · Views: 726
Upvote 0
:hello:

Luck git :laughing7: might get out this weekend myself :dontknow: looks like you are of to a flyer this season :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Silver Searcher said:
:hello:

Luck git :laughing7: might get out this weekend myself :dontknow: looks like you are of to a flyer this season :icon_thumleft:

SS

Cheers, I hope to start a roll...

Should be something harvested up North :icon_scratch:
 
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
:hello:

Luck git :laughing7: might get out this weekend myself :dontknow: looks like you are of to a flyer this season :icon_thumleft:

SS

Cheers, I hope to start a roll...

Should be something harvested up North :icon_scratch:
There's a few Barley fields done, seen a couple tonight on the way back from fishing :) but I have never detected the area although it's not to far from water...might give it a go this weekend :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
When you post finds such as these so often, people start to believe they are not so uncommon in your area.

I love reading your posts. Gives me hope.
 
Nice one mate :icon_thumleft:, my farmer started harvesting today :hello2:, so I hope to be out again this weekend on the stubble fields but I'm going to try to get out on the new ploughed field before the weekend. Give Cru'Dad a well done from me :icon_thumleft:. I hope to see you soon :thumbsup:


hammered
 
It must be one sweet feeling pulling up those hammered silvers! :icon_thumright:
 
Tuberale said:
When you post finds such as these so often, people start to believe they are not so uncommon in your area.

I love reading your posts. Gives me hope.

they are common in our 15,000 acres of land, its just hard to find the right acre or so & cover it effectively :laughing9:

hammered said:
Nice one mate :icon_thumleft:, my farmer started harvesting today :hello2:, so I hope to be out again this weekend on the stubble fields but I'm going to try to get out on the new ploughed field before the weekend. Give Cru'Dad a well done from me :icon_thumleft:. I hope to see you soon :thumbsup:

hammered

He follows all the posts, so you have said it direct :wink:
Good luck & yes it would be nice to go South :wink: but the busy season is here :headbang:

Hunthicks said:
It must be one sweet feeling pulling up those hammered silvers! :icon_thumright:

It always takes me by surprise, I make very little time to think, dig, dig, dig, trash, trash, trash, trash, oh no looks good, hope its a shortcross.... ::) (not this time)

Dad learnt a lesson yesterday, his hammered (was nearly bent right over) was pretty deep & a very poor signal (worse than iffy), he only went for it as I had just dug a Roman Coin next to him as we gridded together 8)

Here is hoping for another today, off I go...
 
34 hammereds on one field is awesome, maybe there was some type of market there. Congrats on the finds! HH, Mike
 
Great finds as always ;D
Love the Foot and hammereds :thumbsup:
 
That's more like it :icon_thumleft: Glad you didn't get my gold hammered ;D
 
If I may ask, was this area near some kind of crossroads or the like? Seems like a well covered piece of land, in some respects.
Nice recoveries, once again.
 
Bavaria Mike said:
34 hammereds on one field is awesome, maybe there was some type of market there. Congrats on the finds! HH, Mike
DMN said:
If I may ask, was this area near some kind of crossroads or the like? Seems like a well covered piece of land, in some respects.
Nice recoveries, once again.

Both pretty close, probably a well used footpath to the fair site or this field was the over spill from large fairs.

shaun7 said:
That's more like it :icon_thumleft: Glad you didn't get my gold hammered ;D
No really, but today was :D :icon_thumright:

Michaelangelo said:
Love seeing what you guys across the pond find. Simply amazing!!
:thumbsup:
 
That's a great hunt! Excellent hammered coins, and some nice bits for the Team Crusader. Well done!

-Buck
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom