What's new

Not much, but a first for the year

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2010
Messages
6,035
Reaction score
7,428
Golden Thread
1
Location
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got off work a few hours early, decided to hit a spot a few doors down. Empty lot, turns out a foot was scraped off and hauled away 30 years ago, and then there was backfill in some spots. Bummer. It's also the location of the town's first garbage dump back around 1900. My head was pounding from all the crap in the ground. What a churned up nightmare.

I managed a couple of wheats and this 1904 IH cent, my first for 2015. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429573610.034716.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429573644.563612.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429573669.701354.webp
 
Upvote 12
Nice job.. It's been awhile since i have dug one
 
For some reason, the ATP Hates fill. Mine chatters like a rabid chipmunk. I would say you did pretty well for the spot!
 
The IHC is very smooth. The ones around here are chewed up and porous. Nice.
 
Looks like you have rather mild soil there that IHP looks great :occasion14:
 
Good job buddy. I had the worst migraine after hunting Sunday and almost got sick. Hard on the head for sure
 
Nice digs . Thanks for sharing the story and the pictures with us
 
Looks like you have rather mild soil there that IHP looks great :occasion14:

Yes, luckily the majority of copper coins I find are pretty decent as far as corrosion goes. Now, if I could only find MORE of them!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom