What's new

Not much but gold is gold

Beach Papa

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2012
Messages
586
Reaction score
271
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have been out of commission for two months assisting in the care of a family member with a broken femur. Last week I got a 3 day pass from the wife to go back home and do some beach hunting and other chores around the house just to keep things going. So I spent 3 days on the beach, 7 hours each day with a total of 5 different beaches hunted. Not much to show for the marathon, but I had a good and exhausting time. Nice to be back hunting even if it was just for a few days. Photo 3 is $13.46 in clad including one wheat penny and a 1966 quarter (high clad count for this time of year, but I think the wind was just right the second day to open up the treasure chest). Photo #1 is of the treasure including junk butterfly and junk multi-color earring along with a very unusual non-marked ring with spikes, and photo #2 is a gold colored pendant that tested 10k at 2.5g, but it is suspicious since I have copper wire that also tests 10k and the pendant seems light for its size. Last but not least is a 1.4g circle of unmarked but tested 14k gold with 13 clear stones which are not diamonds. I assume it is the remains of an earring without the back. Probably only about 1g of gold, but a good deep find worth finding. This is certainly not like some of the treasure I have seen posted lately but it is the treasure I have found. Happy Hunting and good health to ya. Beach Papa

Beach Treasures 004.webpBeach Treasures 006.webpBeach Treasures 001.webp
 
Upvote 0
Beach Papa, glad that you could catch a break from assisting duties.

Congrats on all those finds....that's a lot of diggin' and it payed off. I love the gold earring1

Lorraine
 
BP, I'm glad you could get away for some detecting, I know it felt good when you got back out there swinging. Congrats on the finds.

Cliff
 
Thanks for your kind words. Any hunt is a good one, even without the gold. Looking forward to my next chance to hunt. Happy Hunting and good health to all. Beach papa
 
I don't care how small the gold is...it makes my day when I find it...congrats on the gold.
 
In the end you always feel better for what you did. There's always tomorrow to hunt. I applaud you.
 
In the end you always feel better for what you did. There's always tomorrow to hunt. I applaud you.


Totally agree. My hunts are always better when I know I've done the right things first.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom