What's new

Not much to go on but can you help me determine the metal?

Bramblefind

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2009
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
4,024
Golden Thread
0
Location
New York
Detector(s) used
T2/F75 SE
Found this in my yard near the side of the road. The detector read it as 80-81/dime. It does not attract a magnet. What kind of metal would you call this? Looks like it probably has lead in it. And I always seem to find lead. :D

Of course if you have an ID idea for the object I would be more than happy to hear it.

I did clean it a little and I broke the little tip piece when I dropped it in the sink. So I super glued it back on.

Thanks!

50fzpi.jpg


41amq.jpg


15rf76b.jpg


260emva.jpg
 
Might be pewter or because I see a small square mark that could be a indicator of silver content !!! might be a melted silver utensil handle. Hope it is silver. Jim
 
Upvote 0
Thanks Jim ;D I was wondering about the square mark. Not sure if it is just corrosion of some sort.

Here is a close pic of it after I cleaned it out some -

2i936mo.jpg
 
Upvote 0
There may be some low silver content in slag. Lead for sure.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom