What's new

Not quite sure...

jhamner

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2008
Messages
646
Reaction score
729
Golden Thread
0
I found this old item today at a c.1840-1850 site. It "ain't much" but it was the best I could muster up! It is heavily patinated, but I believe it's brass. The only thing I could figure is some kind of buckle or belt adjuster??? If you can shed any light on it's age or use, that would be awesome! Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • P1010102.webp
    P1010102.webp
    86.9 KB · Views: 108
  • P1010103.webp
    P1010103.webp
    107.4 KB · Views: 105
Upvote 6
Ornamental strap buckle.
 
I found one just like that, and I had no idea. I'm glad you asked and got an answer!
 
Horses bridle buckle cover.
 
Its what the others said, a horse buckle.
 
I'm with Johncoho. I've seen them at Civil War shows and they have been described as so.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom