What's new

Not Sure....My gut says 70% Geofact, 30% Maybe Not

Albertaclipper

Full Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2012
Messages
219
Reaction score
517
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Alberta, Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this one last week on the same quarter section where I found my grooved maul. Very odd looking rock, it has some features that you want to see in this hobby, but then it has some that you don't.
View attachment 1443596
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20170408_185903.webp
    IMG_20170408_185903.webp
    831.2 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_20170408_185938 (1).webp
    IMG_20170408_185938 (1).webp
    454.6 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20170424_130742.webp
    IMG_20170424_130742.webp
    110.1 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20170424_130850.webp
    IMG_20170424_130850.webp
    139.5 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20170424_130900.webp
    IMG_20170424_130900.webp
    144.6 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20170424_130826.webp
    IMG_20170424_130826.webp
    56.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_20170424_130930.webp
    IMG_20170424_130930.webp
    128.6 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_20170408_215539.webp
    IMG_20170408_215539.webp
    104.5 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_20170408_215530.webp
    IMG_20170408_215530.webp
    112 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_20170408_215515.webp
    IMG_20170408_215515.webp
    125.3 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 0
Hard to see on pics. Could it be one of those "hoof" pestles?
 
Sorry folks, not sure why the pictures are inverted, when I previewed before posting, they were normal. To answer Quito, yes the face is polished.
 
It has the rite shape for a hoof pestle. This is the only 1 I have ever found. Found it a couple of years ago where I find late Woodland to Mississippian artifacts.
 

Attachments

  • SDC11284.webp
    SDC11284.webp
    616.8 KB · Views: 93
  • SDC11283.webp
    SDC11283.webp
    552 KB · Views: 85
It has the rite shape for a hoof pestle. This is the only 1 I have ever found. Found it a couple of years ago where I find late Woodland to Mississippian artifacts.
Cool! thanks Rock! Mine has the same dimensions as yours, except mine isn't as smooth on the cone. Again, sorry for the pics, not sure why they did that.
 
Cool! thanks Rock! Mine has the same dimensions as yours, except mine isn't as smooth on the cone. Again, sorry for the pics, not sure why they did that.

Some were used for grinding and some for pounding
 
I think it is natural, I see no grinding signs on bottom when blown up.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom