What's new

Not sure of use, silver over glass ball , not dug

5woodluther

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2006
Messages
49
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Clarkston, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, so it is not a dug "what is it", but still, I am not sure what these were meant to be used for. There are the 4 of them. Silver over glass with threaded bases. 2 of the bases have larger threads than the other 2 for some reason. You can see the size from the hand comparison. I bought them because 1) I thought I could find a decorative use for them, and 2) for $15 , I can always melt the silver if I have to.
Any Ideas?
 

Attachments

  • Silver glass 1.webp
    Silver glass 1.webp
    31.9 KB · Views: 334
  • silver glass 3.webp
    silver glass 3.webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 324
  • Silver Glass 2.webp
    Silver Glass 2.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 330
ShootTheMoon said:
They look like my grandmothers 4 poster bed knobs.

Sound reasonable, the two with the larger threads for the headboard, and the two with small threads for the footboard. Would have been a quite extravagant bed. :D
 
Upvote 0
I was thinking a 4 poster bed, but thought they would be awful fancy for a bed. The only other thing I could think of was a fancy Curtain Rod end.
 
Upvote 0
They could also be ends to curtain rods as well. Whatever they are they are beautiful!!!
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
good point on the 2 separate threads on the base
The black base and threads don't strike me as matching the top
any silver markings?
I assume its glass?
They look like they should have an internal light bulb
Either way, they sure are nice
Brady
 
Upvote 0
bradyboy said:
good point on the 2 separate threads on the base
The black base and threads don't strike me as matching the top
any silver markings?
I assume its glass?
They look like they should have an internal light bulb
Either way, they sure are nice
Brady

I haven't actually got them in hand yet, so I haven't been able to look them over for haulmarks etc. I bought them off of Ebay just because they were cheap and interesting. Should get them in the next few days, and if I find any markings etc, I will let you know.
 
Upvote 0
Is one of them different than the other three? The second and third picture appears to be different designs.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom