What's new

Not sure what category of error this quarter falls under

Autumn-

Tenderfoot
Joined
Nov 19, 2019
Messages
3
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
Doing some coin roll hunting and came across this 2000 D Virginia quarter. Strike error? Defective planchet? Something else? I've looked and haven't been successful in finding one like this. My knowledge base isn't great as I haven't been doing this long, just learning as I go. Any input would be welcomed. Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0782.webp
    IMG_0782.webp
    921.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0784.webp
    IMG_0784.webp
    908.6 KB · Views: 73
  • PHO00035.webp
    PHO00035.webp
    108 KB · Views: 73
  • PHO00037.webp
    PHO00037.webp
    123.7 KB · Views: 69
  • PHO00052.webp
    PHO00052.webp
    229.1 KB · Views: 75
Are you sure it isn't just glue or something like that? That is what it looks like.
 
Sorry, you think I would have caught that :BangHead: I've run across that before but even looking under the microscope I didn't recognize it. This is why I need to ask those who are much wiser than me to point out the obvious. Thanks for taking the time!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom