What's new

Not sure what it is

Richard Ray

Full Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2011
Messages
150
Reaction score
40
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Many brands, Magnetometer, GPR, Side Scan, etc.
This is in my pile of "found farm junk", I've recovered 3 of them and am guessing some sort of harness hook up but am not sure... It's 3" in diameter and 4" tall... Need a definite identification, please.
Richard Ray
 

Attachments

  • Harness ring.webp
    Harness ring.webp
    300.7 KB · Views: 364
Hello Richard, WELCOME to the Forum. What size is it? Breezie
 
Upvote 0
could be something for a harness, it also kind of looks like something that would hang on a wall or door and used as a knocker.
 
Upvote 0
I wonder if it could be a bull or hog ring?
pig_ring.webp

Mike :o
 
Upvote 0
maybe off an old block and tackle.
 
Upvote 0
..iron/steel chain was used a lot in the agri industry - this could be a special link to attach two chains together.
 
Upvote 0
I know it's not a hog ring, I've raised hogs and cattle that also have rings, sometimes. In fact there is a bag of them out in the barn along with the installation tool. Probably not a door knocker because I've found three, all on farms and I've never seen a door knocker on a farmhouse door, that's more of a city thing (LOL) , not to say that it's impossible. Besides, they are usually made of brass or a non rusting metal. Also I've got several block and tackle sets made in different styles, here on my farm, none of them have anything that resembles this thing. Maybe it could be a chain guide as suggested...
Richard Ray
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom