Not todays but they are good.

sabertooth

Dec 13, 2005
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Classic I, Minelab Sovereign, Garret GTX 2500, BH 3300
These were found a few years back my me, I was detecting a creek bed durring a drought. They were found approximately 4 inches deep, under river rock both in the same hole believe it or not.
they are both seated liberty halfs
1846 O
1858 O

I about made mighty messy in my pants when I pulled them out. I also found the rusty remain of a knife a buckle and what I thought to be a leather pouch nearby. the pouch was to decayed to really tell.

Saber

Upvote 0
OP
OP
sabertooth

sabertooth

Dec 13, 2005
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Classic I, Minelab Sovereign, Garret GTX 2500, BH 3300
I want to post the pics but it will not let me...!
Saber

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
I need to see them!...Check your file size. Probably too large....Scroll down a bit and there is a test post forum to practice with...really helped me.

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow, can't wait to see pictures! That's a dream find. Makes you wonder how it got there. Sounds like somebody lost their britches!

OP
OP
sabertooth

sabertooth

Dec 13, 2005
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
hey the pics I posted under seated liberty halfs. The conditions were rough..I used a Gerber combat knife to pick and chissle the river rock away till I reached sand. I guess all total the coins were at about 8 inches in the same hole with about 1/2 inch of soil seperating the 2.

Saber

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread