Buried Crap NJ
Hero Member
- Joined
- Dec 5, 2009
- Messages
- 658
- Reaction score
- 233
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- New Jersey
- Detector(s) used
- CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
- Primary Interest:
- Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
it was nice to be able to hunt within a hour and half from home. Some towns are opening the beaches to the public since Hurricane Sandy.I have only hunted 6 times since the storm its been killing me as I normally hunt 40 plus hours a week! I hunted with the Excalibur today.
Hunted the Low tide 8 am today with very rough sea's, the beaches up here are so small and the wave action was big. I started in the rain and went without waders and choose a rain slicker instead. The first two hours I was ok digging coins pretty randonly. Then as the tide came up I was jammed against the dunes and got wet. I did manage to scoop 60 coins in 5hrs three silver dimes 1960 rosie and two mercs no dates! 9 wheat pennies.
Tomorrow I will ware the waders as the better coins were low in hollowed out depressions.
Hunted the Low tide 8 am today with very rough sea's, the beaches up here are so small and the wave action was big. I started in the rain and went without waders and choose a rain slicker instead. The first two hours I was ok digging coins pretty randonly. Then as the tide came up I was jammed against the dunes and got wet. I did manage to scoop 60 coins in 5hrs three silver dimes 1960 rosie and two mercs no dates! 9 wheat pennies.
Tomorrow I will ware the waders as the better coins were low in hollowed out depressions.
Attachments
Upvote
0







